|Services New Businesses About Us Contact Us|
1. Who we are|
a. This privacy notice applies to all personal information processing carried out by Actua Business Services Limited (Actua).
b. Actua is a data controller in respect of personal information that we process in connection with our business.
c. Our principle address is 1 Ash Cottages, Bury BL8 1EZ and our phone number is 0161 272 0808.
d. We respect the individual’s rights to privacy and to the protection of personal information. The purpose of this Privacy Notice is to explain how we collect and use personal information in connection with our business. "Person information" means information about a living individual who can be identified from that information. We may update this policy from time to time. When we do you will be notified and it can be found on our website.
2. The Information we process
a. We collect and process various categories of personal information at the start and during your relationship with us. We will limit the collection and processing of information to only that necessary to achieve one or more legitimate purposes as identified in this notice. Personal information may include:
• Basic personal information, including name and address, date of birth and contact details;
• Financial information, including account and transactional information and history;
• Information about your family, such as dependants and marital status;
• Information about your financial circumstances, including personal wealth, assets and liabilities, proof of income and expenditure;
• Employment information
• Goods and services provided;
• Visual images and personal appearance ( such as copies of passports)
3. How we obtain information
a. Your information is made up of all the financial and personal information we collect and hold about you/your business and the proprietors, officers and beneficial owners of that business and your transactions. It includes:
• Information you give us;
• Information that we learn about you through our relationship with you and the way you operate;
• Information that we gather from publicly available sources, such as company registers
4. Your Rights
a. We want to make sure you are aware of your rights in relation to the personal information we process about you. We have described those rights and the circumstances in which they apply in the table below.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights , if you have any queries about how we use your personal information that are not answered here, or if you wish to complain please contact us on 0161 272 0808.
b. Please note that in some cases, if you do not agree to the way we process your information, it may not be possible for us to continue to supply services to you.
5. Changes to the way we use your information
From time to time we may change the way we use your information. Where we believe you may not reasonably expect a change we will notify you.
6. Sharing with third parties
a. We will not share your information with anyone except:
• Where we have your permission
• Where required for your product or service
• Where we are required by law and by law enforcement agencies, judicial bodies, government entities, tax authorities or regulatory bodies.
b. If you ask us to, we will share information with any third party that provides you with services.
7. Marketing information
Unless you have told us that you do not want to hear from us, we will send you relevant information about the services we provide. If you change your mind and no longer wish to receive information you can let us know on 0161 272 0808 or visit us.
8. Communications about our services
We will contact you with information relevant to the operation and maintenance of the services we provide by a variety of means including email, telephone or post. If at any point in the future you change your contact details you should tell us promptly about those changes.
9. How long we keep your information
a. By providing you with services, we create records that contain your information, such as tax records, and activity records. These can be held on a variety of media formats, physical or electronic.
b. We manage our records to help us to serve our customers well and to comply with legal and regulatory requirements. Records help us to demonstrate that we are meeting our responsibilities and to keep as evidence of our business activities.
c. Retention periods for records are determined based on the type of record, the nature of the activity or service. We normally retain client records as per HMRC guidelines.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure with us and with the third parties who act on your behalf.